Rubba Slippas

Rubba Slippas
Photo borrowed from Beach Sandals

Monday, September 22, 2014

Good Old Days!

School Lunches

My elementary school had the best school lunches. They were hot lunches that only cost a quarter - that's right just twenty-five cents! One of my favorite dishes was Spanish Rice and here's a recipe that resembles what we had - yum!


Spanish Rice
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
3-4 cups cooked rice

In a large skillet, brown ground beef, drain fat. Add veggies and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Add rice. Cook another 20 minutes on low heat until the liquid has been absorbed. 

And now you have a free recipe! Quality Service lesson:  Give them something they will love at a bargain or free! It will stick in their minds!

Earworms
Photo borrowed from HubPages
Speaking of "Sticking in their minds" . . . Do you ever get earworms - songs that you just can't get out of your head - even when you're sleeping?! Sometimes I get them for DAYS and can't get rid of them. The line that lasted for about a month (off and on) was, "When he plays piano in the night."  I am really curious to know which songs get trapped in your heads that you just can't seem to get rid of. Sometimes I even get a radio commercial stuck in my head - you know, the ones where they play a portion of a song and then go on to the next song and the next, so the earworm is just a bunch of single lines from different songs - ahhhh! That's the worst! I am really curious to hear about your earworms, but I hope they don't get stuck in my head!
Marketing lesson:  Use an earworm to advertise your business - you'll stick with them!

Use your Trash!
I was looking for a unique gift for my sister and stumbled upon this recycled flip flop mat. The company makes and sells flip flops and they make these rubber slipper mats out of the material left over after cutting the flip flops. Pretty cool, huh? My sister loved the mat and she even bought one for her friend who saw her mat and loved it. There is a popular poem in Hawaii about Rubbah Slippahs which is where I got the name for my blog. I will share it in a later post.  Quality Service lesson:  Use your trash in a creative way and your cash flow will go up and your customers will think you're clever.


Remember - every day is Aloha Friday! Take the Aloha Spirit with you wherever you go and make it a good one!

No comments: