Rubba Slippas

Rubba Slippas
Photo borrowed from Beach Sandals

Monday, September 15, 2014

Good Recipes

Recipes
Photo taken from Allrecipes.com
When I was young and my sister Momi Lani (Hawaiian for Heavenly Pearl) was even younger, she gave me a recipe book that she had made out of her school note book. My favorite teriyaki sauce recipe comes out of that book made by my sister when she was in elementary school. I can remember lots of picnics at the beach where we would have teriyaki chicken or beef and Mom would make her famous potato salad - yum! I am not sure where my sister got the recipe, so I can't cite her source, but here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Teriyaki Chicken – Momi’s recipe
2 lbs. chicken(breasts, thighs, wings, or drumsticks)

Sauce:
½ c. shoyu (Aloha soy sauce is my favorite - they sell it in Walmart)
½ c. water
¼ c. sugar or 2 Tbls. Truvia
1-2 cloves garlic
4-6 slices fresh ginger root
¼ teaspoon salt



When using chicken breasts, I like to pound the breasts with a meat mallet so they are flat when I cook them on the grill. Mix sauce ingredients together and add chicken. Marinate overnight. Drain chicken and place on a baking pan and bake at 250 degrees for about 1 hour, or cook on the barbecue grill. Onolicious! Quality Service lesson:  Share your favorite things with others - they will appreciate it!



Sharing recipes with you reminds me of the Soaring Tree Tops adventure that my husband and I enjoyed in Durango, Colorado because they shared their delicious recipe for Cranberry bars. Best vacation ever! What a quality company! If you only take one vacation in your life, save up for a ziplining trip to Durango and a dinner at the Bar D Wranglers Chuckwagon supper. You won't be disappointed and it could end up being the best vacation of your life! It even includes a train ride!  We even did a rafting trip and a jeep ride to the top of a mountain in Durango.  Quality Service lesson:  Give them a quality experience which includes way more than they expected! They will remember it forever and will tell everyone about their adventures on TripAdvisor. They will do your advertising for you!


Remember - every day is Aloha Friday! Take the Aloha Spirit with you wherever you go and make it a good one!



No comments: