Rubba Slippas

Rubba Slippas
Photo borrowed from Beach Sandals

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dr. Scott Albrecht Knows Quality Service!

Make it Right!
Best Eye Doc
Dr. Scott Albrecht in Cedar City, UT knows quality service and could write a book about it. What he claims in his mission statement on his website is true. He is a doctor you can trust. He does make you see better, and he does make you smile. He loves Southern Utah University (check out his t-shirt) for which he mentors and trains many SUU optometry students.

I had my annual eye appointment this morning and after I had been sitting in the exam room for over an hour, I started to wonder what was going on because usually I am not required to wait very long at all. When Dr. Albrecht came in, he apologized profusely and explained to me that there had been a miscommunication with his staff and he just did not know I was sitting in the exam room waiting. I could tell he was really sorry that he had made me wait. He owned up to the mistake and assured me that it would never happen again. I believe him. He is the type of person that will ensure that never happens again because he really does care about his patients. He has been my eye doctor for years now and his attitude has always been one of quality service. I feel like I am visiting a friend when I go to his office. So, instead of being irritated that I had a long wait, I felt lucky to have been provided with a great quality service lesson to share on my blog! He not only apologized and owned up to his mistake, but he also gave me 50% off the cost of my lenses! That's quality service! Quality Service Lesson:  Own up to your mistake and make it right!

Quality Realtor
  1. Michelle Kim, Zephyr Real Estate
Continuing with stories about great attitudes, I have to write about Michelle Kim from Zephyr Realty. My aunt passed away last year; so as executor of her estate, I had a daunting job ahead of me. Luckily, my two sisters were there to support me and we had the best realtor in the world on our side.  The day that we scheduled for realtor visits to my aunt's San Francisco house happened to also be the day that we had banking and post office and other business to deal with. My sister stayed behind and met with the realtors. She did a great job because she picked Michelle out of the pack to be our realtor.  My aunt had lived in the house for 40 years so even after my sisters and I boxed up all of her clothes and personal items for donation and removed two dumpsters full of stuff, there was still a lot to do.  I will compare Michelle's energy with that of a tornado. She said that she would take care of everything for us. She said she would schedule an estate sale, which meant boxing up the rest of the items in the house to be transported to the estate sale property, getting minor repairs completed in the house, having inspections completed, writing up the paperwork, having the entire house and yard cleaned and made presentable, and showing the house to realtors and prospective buyers. I wasn't sure she would be able to do all that she promised, but she provided me with a schedule and she stuck to it. Once Michelle was involved, selling the house was the easiest item on my list of estate duties.  The house was beautiful when she was done with it and it sold for way more than the asking price.  Instead of my sisters and me having to make several more trips to San Francisco to clear out the house, Michelle took the bull by the horns and completed the job for us. Michelle was always upbeat and very friendly and accommodating. I love her attitude! Thanks Michelle!  Quality Service Lesson:  Follow through on your promises and do it with a great attitude!

Plate Lunch
Plate Lunch - So Ono!
Local people in Hawaii love plate lunch. Here's a great video on some delicious ribs and macaroni salad. So ono! If you don't know how to make sticky rice, go to the grocery store and buy calrose fancy rice (in the Asian section) and get a rice cooker. Rinse the rice to get most of the starch off and then put enough water in the pot with the rice so that the water measures one knuckle on your middle finger between the top of the rice and the top of the water. It doesn't matter how much rice you're using if you always measure the water with your knuckle. Works every time! Perfect sticky rice! Make yourself a plate lunch and sit on the lanai and enjoy!

Feel free to share your favorite recipes with me - I love food!

Remember - every day is Aloha Friday! Take the Aloha Spirit with you wherever you go and make it a good one!

No comments: